BHMS (Hons) PhD CPE
Professor Burgess-Limerick is a Certified Professional Ergonomist, past-president, and Fellow of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia. Prior to joining MISHC in August 2011, he was the Director (Research) and Postgraduate Ergonomics coordinator in the School of Human Movement Studies. Professor Burgess-Limerick has provided human factors and ergonomics consultancy services to a range of private and public sector clients including mining companies and equipment manufacturers.
Professor Burgess-Limerick has published more than 100 refereed publications and received >$4M in competitive research funding from diverse funding agencies. He has acted as the project leader for 4 completed ACARP projects (C11058, C14016, C16013, C18012) as well as making a significant contribution to C14045, and currently leading C23022. Robin has received numerous awards for research including an ACARP Research Excellence Award for project C14016, and a 2006 National Academy of Sciences (USA) Senior Research Associateship within the Office of Mine Safety and Health Research, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Pittsburgh Research Laboratory.
- Burgess-Limerick, R and Lynas, D. (2015) An iOS application for evaluating whole-body vibration within a workplace risk management process. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 12 7: D137-D142. doi:10.1080/15459624.2015.1009986
- Zupanc, Christine M., Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Wallis, Guy (2015) Strategy influences directional control–response compatibility: evidence from an underground coal mine shuttle car simulation. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, 16 1: 1-19. doi:10.1080/1463922X.2013.857738
- Towers, John, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Riek, Stephan (2014) Concurrent 3-D sonifications enable the head-up monitoring of two interrelated aircraft navigation instruments. Human Factors, 56 8: 1414-1427. doi:10.1177/0018720814536443
- Wolfgang, Rebecca and Burgess-Limerick, Robin (2014) Whole-body vibration exposure of haul truck drivers at a surface coal mine. Applied Ergonomics, 45 6: 1700-1704. doi:10.1016/j.apergo.2014.05.020
- Burgess-Limerick, Robin, Horberry, Tim and Steiner, Lisa (2014) Bow-tie analysis of a fatal underground coal mine collision. Ergonomics Australia, 10 2: .
- Burgess-Limerick, Robin (2014) Slip into something less comfortable. Australasian Mine Safety Journal, 22 75-77.
- Cloete, Steven, Zupanc, Christine, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Wallis, Guy (2014) Control order and visuomotor strategy development for joystick-steered underground shuttle cars. Human Factors, 56 6: 1177-1188. doi:10.1177/0018720814522295
- Wolfgang, Rebecca and Burgess-Limerick, Robin (2014) Using consumer electronic devices to estimate whole-body vibration exposure. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 11 6: D77-D81. doi:10.1080/15459624.2014.888073
- Lynas, Danellie, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Kirsch, Philipp (2014) RISKGATE analysis of slips, trips and falls at NSW surface and underground coal mines. Journal of Safety and Health Research and Practice, 6 1: 2-7.
- Steiner, Lisa, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Porter, William (2014) Directional control-response compatibility relationships assessed by physical simulation of an underground bolting machine. Human Factors, 56 2: 384-391. doi:10.1177/0018720813490953
- Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Westerfield, M. (2014) Whole body vibration. Buffalo, NY, USA, Byte Works.
- Horberry, Tim, Burgess-Limerick, Robin, Storey, Neil, Thomas, Matthew, Ruschena, Leo, Cook, Margaret and Pettitt, Chad (2014). A user-centred safe design approach to control. In The core body of knowledge for generalist OHS professionals (pp. 1-25) Tullamarine: Victoria: Safety Institute of Australia.
- Long, Jennifer, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Stapleton, Fiona (2014) Personal consequences of work-related physical discomfort: an exploratory study. Clinical and Experimental Optometry, 97 1: 30-35. doi:10.1111/cxo.12066
- Wolfgang, Rebecca, Di Corleto, Luke and Burgess-Limerick, Robin (2014) Can an iPod Touch be used to assess whole-body vibration associated with mining equipment?. The Annals of Occupational Hygiene, 58 9: 1200-1204. doi:10.1093/annhyg/meu054
- Steiner, Lisa J. and Burgess-Limerick, Robin (2013) Shape-coding and length-coding as a measure to reduce the probability of selection errors during the control of industrial equipment. IIE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors, 1 4: 224-234. doi:10.1080/21577323.2013.844209
- Legge, Jennifer, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Peeters, Geeske (2013) A New Pre-Employment Functional Capacity Evaluation Predicts Longer Term Risk of Musculoskeletal Injury in Healthy Workers: A Prospective Cohort Study. Spine, 38 25: 2208-2215. doi:10.1097/brs.0000000000000013
- Long, Jennifer, Burgess-Limerick, Robin and Stapleton, Fiona (2013) What do clinical optometrists like about their job?. Clinical and Experimental Optometry, 96 5: 460-466. doi:10.1111/cxo.12017